WEDDNiG IN ALGARVE – portugal

Home Forums Getting Married Abroad WEDDNiG IN ALGARVE – portugal

This topic contains 27 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Algarve Events1 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

hi
    im getting married next year, i was thinking do the wedding in portugal, just want to know where do i find out about prices and who to go to to enquire about the whole thing, basically where to star, any advice would be well appreciated
    Thaks Paty

Anonymous

Hi, my name is caroline. I am also getting married in portugal next year in the algarve in praia da luz. My aunt has lived their for the past 16 years and I my self have being going there every year for the past 10. My parents have a place their and you could say its a second home at this stage.

Back to your problem,….getting married in portugal isnt that simple when you find out the legal stuff. If you want the full church wedding you have to be a resident in portugal for at least 30 days prior the wedding day. Also there is alot of paper work involved which has to be translated into portugese so you’l need to sort a lawyer out. But in my case I think I will get the legal stuff done at home in ireland probley in a resigtary office then just have the wedding blessing from the church in portugal. Its the simplest way.

I wouldn’t stress about the reciption, they are very laid back when it comes to organising events. “driftawaytravel” in letterkenny organise aborad weddings and could organise everything for you from reciption church to even the cake.

If you have any other queries just email

hope i gave u some help!

caroline

Anonymous

Hi,
    I’m getting married next year in the Algarve. I’m currently looking for wedding entertainment.
    I was advised on a band named Double Cocktail.
    Have any of you heard of this band and know if they are any good? Thanks for ur help.

Anonymous

Hi Sharon,
    Try This website:

Simplicity Events, Algarve Weddings.
    They help you from Ireland.
    Hope this helps

Anonymous

Hi Patyy,

Take a look at our website » » »- A QUINTA Eventos – « « «, we are an exclusive venue in Algarve, south Portugal and wedding planners.

Don’t hesitate to contact me.
    Cristina

Anonymous

——————————————————————————–

we recently got married in the algarve (sept) and were lucky enough to have had paula and karina from algarve wedding planners on board to help out. They will save you money, save you stress and arrange every detail from hair/make up, flowers, cars, buses, cake, band, dj etc etc I really cannot recommend them highly enough, they are professional to deal with, always responding to mails/calls promptly and no question is too daft and we had a few! This mail prob seems too good to be true but if you have any doubts about its authenticity please feel free to mail me privately to discuss or if you have any questions/reservations about getting married abroad. We had the best day of our lives and would recommend the experience to any/everyone….

[email][email protected][/email]
    Welcome*-*Planning the event of your life

Ben

Anonymous

Sharonb2b;2060 wrote: Hi,
    I’m getting married next year in the Algarve. I’m currently looking for wedding entertainment.
    Have any of you heard of this band and know if they are any good? Thanks for ur help.

Hi,I know Double Cocktail very well and I can tell you that you won ´t find any better.
    They are great.
    I saw them in more than 30 Weddings this year,because I am a Wedding Photographer
    and I met them very often in the venues.They are very good.
    Best regards
    Jọo Jọo Ataide РWedding Photographer

Anonymous

Hello everyone!!

I recently had a Spanish wedding and it was the most wonderful experience. The wedding we had would have cost twice that amount back home!

My cousin got married in Albufeira, Algarve and after the great experience we had with the music she booked the same band, who also do weddings in the Algarve.

The Algarve was great and I would so recommend it!! I got married in Malaga so if anyone has any questions about that area….

About the band:The first problem you have when planning abroad is that you are in a total different country to where the wedding will be so you can’t go and see the performances before you book. But with the band we booked we got to see everything online.

The Tribute Band made such a big difference for us so I feel like they diserve a link from me: Best of luck guys and thank you!!!
    The Tribute Band

The thing that impressed me the most was that we could see what we were getting and all from the comfort of our home. They dealt with everything and the musicians were just so good. Honestly, I don’t know how there can be such a good level somewhere like the Costa del Sol, which is really a resort and not a “city” as such.

Best wishes xxxxx

Anonymous

Hello,
    Just engaged and looking to get married in the algarve.
    I contacted Paula from algarve wedding planners and she has been fantastic so far. She sent me all kinds of photos from venues and churches.
    I also have been in contact with double cocktail wedding band for our ceremony and party.
    Can’t wait to over this summer to meet them all and make some decisions.
    What theme are you using for your wedding? I was thinking of “beach theme”with shells and white sand on the tables, anybody doing something like this? thanks x

Anonymous

Hi

We are an Irish owned and run entertainment company based in the Algarve to help recreate the perfect wedding entertainment just like home.

If there is anything we can help you with just drop us an email or check out our web site.

Entertainment Solutions | Weddings | Live Music | Algarve

Slan
    Colm

Anonymous

Hi All,

I’m getting married in Santa Eulalia in June next year and was wanting a non-religious blessing. Does anyone know of any celebrants?

I have booked the venue and band and organised most other stuff myself so didn’t necessarily want to enlist the services of a wedding planner unless absolutely necessary.

Any advice would be greatly received!

thanks
    Polly

Anonymous

Hi,
    Sharon I will be more than happy to answer all of your questions at [email][email protected][/email]
    Friendly regards,
    Stefanie :)
    Double Cocktail Wedding Entertainment

Anonymous

Hey Sharon b2b, the Algarve is gorgeous! Have you decide on a venue yet ? we are still struggling on that part. My mum has a friend in the Algarve who owns a hudge mansion and we’re now thinking to get married there. As we stayed in vilamoura we saw Double Cocktail perform at a bar there. They are absolutely fabulous and got everybody up and dancing! I believe the bar is called Hole in one bar or something they also have some videos on the you tube and their site.
    At the moment we are checking out our options on menus. Any of you know what would be a reasonable price for a 3 course meal in Portugal? We were quoted from around 80 – till 120 euros. Does it also change with the number of guests you have? thanks a mill in advance, bambi x

Anonymous

Polly Purple;3147 wrote: Hi All,

I’m getting married in Santa Eulalia in June next year and was wanting a non-religious blessing. Does anyone know of any celebrants?

I have booked the venue and band and organised most other stuff myself so didn’t necessarily want to enlist the services of a wedding planner unless absolutely necessary.

Any advice would be greatly received!

thanks
    Polly

Hi polly any luck yet with finding a celebrant? thanks a mill.

Anonymous

Stefanie & David (Dpuble Cocktail) recently performed at our wedding in Portugal (May 09) and were absolutely amazing, you wont find better in the Algarve!! They are great performers and entertainers and kept the crowd going the whole night. They really put so much hard work and effort into the day to ensure that you and your guests have the best day ever. They are friendly, professional and always have a smile on their face. We would highly recommend Double Cocktail for any special event – you wont be disappointed.

Paula and Karina from The Algarve Wedding Planners were a huge help also – we couldnt have done it without them. They too put so much care and hardwork into what they do to make sure you have a perfect day. We had our reception in a marquee in Monte Das Alagoas and I would strongly recommend this venue. The staff were amazing and were so polite and professional – nothing was too much trouble for them. The food, setting and special touches on the day were out of this world.

All in all you are in very safe hands with the Algarve Wedding Planners and Double Cocktail – They work with a fantastic teeam of people and will really make sure that you have the best day of your lives..Good Luck with all the planning.x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.