Silk Flowers

Home Forums Flowers & Decorations Silk Flowers

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bibsy 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone is planning on having silk flowers for their bouquet or for the mother’s presentation bouquets? Or does anyone know anything about them? Are they less or more expensive than the real thing? Alny info would be great.

Anonymous

Sorry can’t help you, … not sure what kind of flowers we are having yet, … travelling back home (Spain) to find out everything about these in a couple of weeks but nothing yet, … :-(

Anonymous

The best way is to use a blow dryer on high but low heat and aim at the flowers you are trying to clean. Also you can use a damp cloth, but the blow dryer works best. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

barrie whiff

Thanks. Do you know anything about the cost of them or if they are cheaper than real flowers? That’s the info I am really after.

Anonymous

A friend of mine had silk flowers for her wedding and said that she felt it did work out cheaper – not a lot but cheaper all the same. I can find out who she used if thats any use to you??

Anonymous

Thanks emilou. Do you think,with her permission, you could email me a photo of her flowers on the wedding day? If not, there is no problem. I have heard since, from some people that they look really cheap and are not advised for weddings!

Anonymous

Hi Cherub,
    I make silk floral bouquets which are a lovely reminder of your day and you and your bridesmaids can keep them afterwards. If the silk flowers are cheap yes they will look cheap-but if high quality silk is used for them they are fantastic. There is also a new material available that is a newer version of ‘real touch’ so when you feel the flowers they actually feel like petals.
    Anyway the answer to your real question on cost-we charge 80-90 Euro for a large bridal bouquet, less if you want something small and simple. We charge 30-35 for bridesmaids. We also hire church arrangements for max 150 Euro for 3 pieces for the church. Hope that helps you Chiara

Anonymous

Hi Chiara

That sounds quite good. Do you have a website I could look at? Where are you based? Thanks for the info.

Anonymous

Hi

I looked at your website. The prices are good. I haven’t started to arrange my wedding yet. Just researching a few things, to make it easier when we set a date. I am marrying a Scot, who will probably wear his kilt {red} and so the bridesmaid might be in red. Best thing I think. For flowers, I was thinking more along the lines of pale yellow. I don’t like red flowers. I would have to see and touch some samples however. Maybe you or other silk flower companies will be at the big wedding fair at the RDS at the end of the month?

Anonymous

hi ya ,iam gettin married next year i wanted fake flowers that looked good ,could you please tell me if there is a wed site i could look at the real touch flowers at ,cheers

Anonymous

Hello,

You can try silk flowers for decoration, and if you are wondering about cost then you try to buy it from online wedding shopping stores they provide such items like beach table decoration centerpiece, silk flowers and other decorative item at affordable price.

Regards,
    sarah_9

Anonymous

I was wondering if anyone has any plans to have silk flowers for their bouquet of flowers or presentation of the mother? Or does anyone know something about them? Are they more or less expensive than the reality?

Anonymous

The advantages to silk is that they are generally less expensive and will keep for much longer.Silk flowers for a wedding are just as acceptable as real flowers. While they lack the fragrance of real flowers they hold up more durably throughout the big day. They also can be prepared well in advance of the wedding.

Anonymous

Others have already decorated with their ideas. Some people think that they used to deal with this added to the drawer, looks quite simple. We see other people who made ​​the middle of the table out. Bouquet vases have been put into the other.

bibsy

hi Chiara

Can you post your website please for the silk flowers I can’t see it on this thread very interested in it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.