restaurant wedding

Home Forums Food and Drink restaurant wedding

This topic contains 17 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi everyone,

Hoping to have a civic wedding in a local restaurant next year with just a family meal as we dont want any fuss. Has anyone any ideas how to make it special and different to just a family meal?

Anonymous

iv had loads friends doing this they simple got it really nicely decorated

did chair covers had hellium baloons on table
    plus nice flowers on table they had 4 to table not one big table plus did toptable

had cake also on display they had lovely music to

was lovely

Anonymous

Thanks pam for your ideas! Was wondering about the top table and speeches bit as i wanted to do the cake cutting part so thanks for the advice!

Anyone else got any other ideas?

Anonymous

i think what ever u are happy with remember as long as u and h2b are happy i wouldnt worry bout anyone else

good luck with d planning when is ur big day

Anonymous

Hey Woman,
    I am currently organising my own wedding for ’09 and we are having 30 people at the whole thing, totally agree with you about small weddings its a bit more personal also every bride I talked to said that they always regretted not talking to their immediate family more and their Husband! I found it really difficult at first to find places to accommodate us but there are a few hotels that have restaurants and they will let you have the restaurant (especially mid-week) and also you can use the residents bar for after if you are having people staying in the hotel. We have ours provisionaly booked at the mo and we designed our own menu and have a beautiful restaurant and a seating area just outside it all to ourselves.So call everywhere and ask if they cater for small wedding parties. :D

Anonymous

hi woman

there’s a good website where you can put in the type of event, the type of venue, number of guests and it will return with a list of venues that can accommodate your wedding. http://www.venuesearch.ie I thought you said somewhere that you are in Cork – if so I know flemings restaurant do small weddings http://www.flemingsrestaurant.ie/

Siobhà ¡n

Anonymous

Hi happybunny,

Havent offically booked date yet but hoping for february ’09. Thanks for your input found it very helpfull but was wondering where your hotel is and what you plan for after meal are you having music as my h2b doesnt want that and im afraid it will go a bit flat!

Anonymous

woman wrote: Hi everyone,

Hoping to have a civic wedding in a local restaurant next year with just a family meal as we dont want any fuss. Has anyone any ideas how to make it special and different to just a family meal?

Im getting married in the Beaufield mews restuarant next year and they have two rooms for rivate parties the room downstairs caters for min 90 and upstairs caters for max 45 they have a website so you can have a look

Anonymous

[I] am in a right fix! We will probably have our wedding in Spring 2009. Most of our guests nvited live abroad, in the UK and Australia. We want a wedding of less than 100 people and have a few venues in mind. If people are coming from abroad, however, we could loads that won’t come or just a few. Our venue will very much depend on the amount of guests, especially to avail of the special offers. I can only think of sending out invites very early and get a good idea of who might come and then confirmation nearer the date. I don’t want to book one restaurant/function room or have to book at the very last minute. It will be midweek and won’t be summer or in a big hotel, so should be easy enough to get a booking even a few months in advance. Has anyone any ideas of organisation with all of this in mind? How early could I send the invites out for an initial estimate of numbers?

Anonymous

You could send one of those save the date invites, you can send them ages b4 the big day and ask them to respond and that should give you an idea of numbers.

Anonymous

Hi mandy

They sound good. What are they and where can I find them? Never heard of them!

Anonymous

Hi, I did up provisional invite’s using powerpoint and sent them out to most people abroad and at home(so no one felt left out) via e-mail. i did specify that there would be official invites going out but due to everyones locality i needed numbers to know where i stood with everything – i found it great almost everyone responded very quickly and because i was that early i got mostly yes’s.
    Could be worth thinking about…… Goodluck

Anonymous

Thats a really good idea, only problem is im not very computer literate, is powerpoint fool proof to use??

Anonymous

Julie,I never really learned powerpoint, but had to do a presentation with it at college. I taught myself, by trial and error. I know there is alot more functions to learn on it, but I got by easily enough. I have seen really nice invitations on sale in Eason and in Birthdays. They are 10 in a pack for about €6, which is quite good. Yesterday,I saw “print your own” wedding stationary in M&S.

Anonymous

Hello,

I think you have to pick a band which play some music which is favorite for the wedding couple’s.I’ve always been very impressed by their regular dinners and service, but I would think a bigger group might push the restaurant to the brink — that place never gets booked and seems lightly staffed.

Also – did y’all manage to get your event done for a competitive price? The catering manager quoted me something like $180-350 pp. $300 per person is off the charts in my book.

thanks!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.