Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Home Forums Food and Drink Chocolate Covered Strawberries

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

We want to do Chocolate covered strawberries for our favors, does anyone know where we can get them? I know they aren’t hard to make, but I have nearly 250 guests…..I think it will take too long, especially if I have to make them the day before.

I know the girl Clare at chocoholics. She makes amazing food! They have a chocolate covered strawberry in their logo, so I guess they would have to be able to do them

Anonymous

Hey i was recently at a wedding where they had a small chocolate fountain (inexpensive to buy) and strawberries separately. It was great fun and surprisingly not messy!

Anonymous

Well..I tried this at home. The result was good. Here I am posting the recipe hoping that it will help any one.

Ingredients

* 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
    * 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
    * 1 pound strawberries with stems (about 20), washed and dried very well

Directions

Put the semisweet and white chocolates into 2 separate heatproof medium bowls. Fill 2 medium saucepans with a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Turn off the heat; set the bowls of chocolate over the water to melt. Stir until smooth. (Alternatively, melt the chocolates in a microwave at half power, for 1 minute, stir and then heat for another minute or until melted.)

Once the chocolates are melted and smooth, remove from the heat. Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper. Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Set strawberries on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries. Dip a fork in the white chocolate and drizzle the white chocolate over the dipped strawberries.

Set the strawberries aside until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.

Anonymous

Hello,

I know. Paraffin was originally used instead of shortening. Turn the strawberries upside down and insert by the toothpicks into a piece of styrofoam for easy cooling, or simply place them on a sheet of wax paper. White chocolate may be drizzled over the milk chocolate for a fancier look. They are perfect for weddings when decorated with frosting bow ties, bells, butterflies, roses, etc.

thanks!!

Anonymous

Mmmm…
    Yummy chocolates..
    Chocolate causes certain endocrine glands to secrete hormones that affect your feelings and behavior by making you happy. Therefore, it counteracts depression, in turn reducing the stress of depression. Your stress-free life helps you maintain a youthful disposition, both physically and mentally. So, eat lots of chocolate!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.