cash bar at marquee wedding

Home Forums Food and Drink cash bar at marquee wedding

This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi I am getting married in July and we will supply wine at the function. We would like to have a cash bar for other drinks does anyone heard of this option before. Weddings cost a lot and we have 120 going to this day.

Tnx

Anonymous

Hi

I think it may be a good idea to have an open bar when guests arrive at the recption venue and have this capped at certain level and cut it off when the bar tab reaches this amount. Hope this helps

F

Anonymous

hi
    i’ve looked into this for my own wedding in a private house. legally you need a licence to sell alcohol but the only way you can do that is if a local pub etc will ‘give’ you their licence for the day but obviously that would difficult to organise.

if you are having a marquee wedding in a pretty private place, you could get away with it in all likelihood.
    i do know of a friend who sold alcohol at her marquee wedding and it was fine. the likelihood of the guards showing up are slim!

what we are planning on doing is buying alcohol from a supplier and hiring two barmen we know to tend the bar. we’ll sell the alcohol at cost price.if you don’t know any barman, catering companies and alcohol suppliers won’t risk supplying staff to sell booze and loosing their alcohol supply licence.they will be able to give you some indication of the amount you’ll need for the number of guests and would probably bring extra just in case. many of these companies also hire out a bar counter.

other things to consider are fridges,glass hire,ice, cash register, glass washers,pumps etc. it is a bit of hassle but i certainly can’t afford a free bar and people will get cheap booze even if you factor in covering hire and wage costs.

hope this helps

Anonymous

Are there any companies like on tap closer to Dublin that anyone knows of??

Anonymous

Hi,

My company would be happy to put together a quote for you. We have been supplying this type of service since 1999.

Kieran Curtin

The Brew Crew – Kegs For Parties
    The Brew Crew – Kegs for Parties. Rent Kegs of Beer. Buy Equipment for your own Bar
    email: [email][email protected][/email]

mob:+ 353 (0)86 8500016
    land:+ 353 (0)1 440 1962
    fax:+353 (0)1 443 0662

Anonymous

I have used this company before – the keg- box company, they are in NI but will travel all over Ireland. Its a portable beer keg and cooling system that runs without electricity, using ice alone, its fantastic- the guests were really impressed and it was very reasonable to hire and to get the keg- solved the problem plus we didnt need to charge any one and guests v impressed! check it out- their phone no is 00 4475 229 34 995.
    Its all self contained and didnt take up much room at all in the marquee.

Molly x

Anonymous

Hi all,

Was at a friends marquee wedding last month which a local bar(Carlow) did the sparkling wine reception and cash bar.Was very impressed with the custom made bar and supply of drinks.all that you would expect in a hotel bar and uniformed servers.Believe the charge was around €1500.00 euro all in,including sparkling wine reception.I can find out a contact for him if it helps anyone out and you can talk to him in person.Am seriously thinking of going for a marquee myself.Just a much more personal day.

Anonymous

If anyone has any contacts or ideas who might do a ‘free bar’ alternative, i would love to get some details. Trying to plan a marquee wedding for next september in mayo and boy is it hard to get a proper bar hire crowd to do a cash bar like a hotel would.
    Just cant afford to feed AND water 250 guests!!

Anonymous

i have a future brother in law who is a bar manager….wondering would he be any help???? let me know!! oh, we are in mayo!

Anonymous

engagedchic;3634 wrote: i have a future brother in law who is a bar manager….wondering would he be any help???? let me know!! oh, we are in mayo!

Thanks for your suggestions. If i need anymore quires will post my quires here.

Anonymous

I have not much idea about it but it is a very nice and a beneficial thing. I am much impressed by your idea which you have shared here. It is much beneficial for enjoying also. Now I also have to arranged these for my brothers wedding. I am thankful to you for sharing this.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.