Egypt Anybody?

Home Forums Honeymoon Egypt Anybody?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi Everybody
    We have booked our honeymoon for Oct to Sharm el Sheilk. We are very excited and got a great deal. I would just like to know if anybody has been to Egypt and what should we need to know before we travel?
    Any info would be great to know.
    Thanks all

Anonymous

Hi,

I just got back from Egypt about 2 weeks ago almost now and we had an amazing time. Best holiday I ever had! Infact my boyfriend proposed while we were there, hence why I am on this site :)
    I must warn you though, it is extremely hot at the moment!

It is very dry, but the rocky, edgy mountains are fabulous.
    Which resort are you staying in?
    We stayed in Ghazala Gardens and it was amazing! Everything we could have hoped it would have been and more. The Hilton also looked very nice from what we saw and The Grande Hotel did not look too bad either.

I highly recommend that you go quad biking! It is amazing fun! You will get to have tea with the mountain people too and see them walking their camels around as its all part of the excersion.

I will also warn you that you will get hassled a lot there, which kind of put us off of leaving our resort, but I suppose they mean well. They just don’t give up though. The men are kind of pervy too and would not stop hitting on me either even infront of my fiance.

Also, please make sure you take mosquito spray and do not leave your balcony or terrace doors open at night. Takes loads of sun cream and after sun as well. I am actually from South Africa and that Egyptian sun even got a bit much for me at the end of the week. I am still peeliing. Haha.

The red sea is gorgeously refreshing, yet odly warm. It is very clear as well. Be careful of all the fish. Also, the sand can burn like crazy, so take your flip flops down to the water.

I think thats about all the advice I have for now.
    I hope you have an amazing wedding and an awesome honeymoon.

All the best.

x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.